Here’s 10 things you need to know about the all new Festival Village!
1. The Courier-Mail Producers Pavilion: If you are passionate about food and love meeting artisan producers and wanting to learn some chef’s skills from some of the best, then this is the place to be.
The Producers Pavilion will be a sensory explosion of tastes, smells and visual delights and will be the home to some of Australia’s finest boutique producers where you will have the opportunity for free tastings or purchasing their products.
Producers include: Brookies Gin, Coyo Yogurt, Kenilworth Cheese, Meredith Dairies, Padre Coffee, Pomodoras Balsamic Dressing, Social T green tea, Voodoo Bacon, Walter’s Artisan Bread and Woombye Cheese.
The Producers Pavilion will also feature the Chef’s Skills Table presented by Olsson’s Salts and MC’d by Queensland Taste Editor, Anooska Tucker-Evans. The Chef’s Skills Table sessions feature a range of chefs including Colin Fassnidge, Matt Wilkinson, Miguel Maestre, Kirsten Tibballs, Alanna Sapwell, Adam D’Sylva, Zack Furst, Brendon Barker, Charley Snadden-Wilson, Jordan Toft and Steve and Will from MKR.
2. Pimm’s Garden Party: Located in the heart of the Festival Village under the beautiful Sperry Tent, the Pimm’s Garden Party is everything you would expect from Pimm’s. A stylish space complete with various seating options (the perfect zone to people watch) and of course delicious drinks from Pimm’s!
3. Craft Beer & Cider Corner: Hipsters rejoice – the Craft Beer & Cider Corner is your place! Noosa’s version of a beer garden complete with live music and dj’s turning out cool vibes throughout the day.
Together with Asahi Super Dry, the Craft Beer and Cider Corner will feature some of the region’s best craft brewers in action. Beers and cider include 4 Pines Brewing Co, Balter Brewing (voted number 1 in 2018), Brick Lane Brewing Co, Brookevale Union, Eumundi Brewery, Hawkers Beer and Stone & Wood (voted number 2 in 2018).
4. The Masterclass Yurt: Presented by Olsson’s Salts under the canopy of a stunning Yurt, the masterclasses are an opportunity to see some of the visiting chefs and winemakers in an intimate setting. Olsson’s Salt will naturally be a theme throughout the classes and local produce will be in the spotlight. Guests include Colin Fassnidge, Giovanni Pilu, Matt Wilkinson, Adam D’Sylva, Shaw + Smith Winemaker, Adam Wadewitz, cheese expert Peter Gross and more. The masterclasses can be pre-booked at $20 per class ($30 for wine masterclasses).
5. Meet the Chefs: Some of Australia best chefs will present cooking demos on the Main Stage including Miguel Maestre, Colin Fassnidge, Matt Sinclair, Paul Carmichael, Alessandro Pavoni, Giovanni Pilu, Matt Golinksi, Matt Stone, Zack Furst, Jo Barrett and Matt Wilkinson.
6. Taste of Noosa: Enjoy tastes from some of Noosa’s best restaurants across the weekend including Arcuri, Boardwalk Bistro on Hastings, Bombetta, Embassy XO, Padre Coffee, Providore on Hastings, Sum Yung Guys, View Restaurant and Village Bicycle.
7. Wine, Wine and More Wine: What’s a food and wine festival without great wine? Some of Australia’s best wineries will be in the Festival Village including Cape Mentelle, Cloudy Bay, Chandon, Chandon S, Clairault I Streicker Wines, Dal Zotto, De Iuliis Wines, Devil’s Corner, Hill-Smith Family Wines, Hollick Estates, Innocent Bystander, Ocean Eight Winery, Pizzini Wines, Polperro Wines, Sharmans Wines, Shaw + Smith, Turkey Flat Vineyards, Irvine Estate, Veuve Clicquot, Wairau River Wines, Yabby Lake, Yering Station and Xanadu Wines.
8. Live Music: Enjoy a line-up of performers across two stages from early afternoon throughto dusk, including DJs and bands Tijuana Cartel, The Koi Boys, The Most and more.
9. The OpenTable Festival Village VIP Lounge: The Hamptons themed VIP lounge is the place to be over the festival weekend. You will be welcomed by the OpenTable Hostess and have the opportunity of meeting guest chefs throughout the day. With limited tickets available to this exclusive venue you will receive four complimentary drinks per day while enjoying an all-day grazing table prepared by the VIP Lounge Festival Chef. There will be wines by Xanadu Margaret River, along with premium Japanese beer Asahi Super Dry and refreshing water by San Pellegrino.
10. The Essentials: